Innovation, curiosity, and a passion for discovery are hallmarks of The University of Arizona (UA)—both its students, and university staff. And UA’s Financial Aid Office is no exception. “We are a school/aid office that has been dedicated to streamlining and improving access to financial aid resources for students for years,” says Rebekah Salcedo, Ph.D., Director of UA’s Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. The team’s achievements are impressive:
- Developed Scholarship Universe in 2009
- A collaboration between UA student developers and UA Student Affairs staff, Scholarship Universe’s database and proprietary matching algorithm have secured thousands of UA and non-UA awards, linking students with more than $8 million in non-UA affiliated funding opportunities.
- Launched Project RUSH
- UA hires temporary staff to assist the FinAid Office during the school’s fall rush period.
- Provides career opportunities to recent UA grads
- Many of these grads move into full-time positions with the FinAid office
Seamless Mobile Access to FinAid
More than 86 percent of UA undergraduate students receive some form of financial aid. Salcedo’s goal: make that experience as straight-forward and simple as possible. “Implementing CampusLogic’s StudentForms is a great next step in improving our financial aid services,” she notes. “Students will greatly benefit from the improved communication of knowing immediately if their form was submitted correctly or if there are additional actions they need to take.”
StudentForms automates FAFSA verification, professional judgments, SAP appeals and C-code resolution processes. StudentForms also enables mobile document submission for students, and provides a student engagement portal where the entire verification process is managed digitally, facilitating student notifications, document collection, data validation and school communication.
The Music of Awesome
Easy, mobile, personalized #FinAid is music to our ears at CampusLogic. In this spirit, we asked Salcedo what song makes her staff feel #awesome. Their choice: Can’t Stop the Feeling! by Justin Timberlake. Want to feel inspired? Check out our full Music of Awesome playlist.
Read the official press release >
Photographer Credit: Gregor Orbino/University of Arizona. Sunset over The University of Arizona Mall and Main Street.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Tracy Skochil