EmpowerED—the Student Financial Success Conference is hosted annually in Arizona in the spring. Your registration and flight are booked, and now you’re wondering ‘what should I do in my down-time when I visit the Grand Canyon state?’ (Aside from visit the Grand Canyon, of course.) Whether you like arts, the outdoors, sports, shopping, or all of those, this list has you covered!
• Take in a Spring Training Game at one of the many stadiums.
• Breathe in creativity at the Phoenix Art Museum.
• Catch some music (and history) at the Musical Instrument Museum.
• Check out plant life and art at the Desert Botanical Garden.
• Explore Lost Dutchman State Park—Arizona's other nickname is the Copper State.
• Wander, eat, and shop in Old Town Scottsdale.
Have Fun, Plan Ahead!
Some of the suggestions above will require you to rent a car, or pay entrance fees so be sure to plan accordingly. The Arizona sun is also something to plan for: sunscreen, hats, and layers! If you’re going to hike, check out this article with tips for how to hike safely. The basics: plan, don’t hike alone, be lightweight, pace yourself, take breaks, and bring water.
About the AuthorMore Content by Dena Pope